Monday, March 12, 2018

South Bank Sky Arts Awards (2013)

March 12, 2013: 


The South Bank Sky Arts Awards was held at the Dorchester Hotel in London. Tom Hiddleston won the Times Breakthrough Award for his work in The Hollow Crown, The Avengers, and War Horse. 

Tom gave a beautiful acceptance speech: I think I'm more proud of The Hollow Crown, than anything I've ever done... It's a great honor to be Hulk Smashed but really Henry V is where it's at! It kinda cost me real blood and real sweat and real tears but they were never shed so gratefully or willingly because Shakespeare is the reason I became an actor. And as I grow up and grow horns and my tastes change, whenever I reconnect to Shakespeare I feel that I'm reminded that acting just might be a useful way of spending my time. 



Tom and Tim Minchin (who presented his award).

With The Hollow Crown costar Jeremy Irons and his wife Julie Hallam.



After the award ceremony was over Tom Hiddleston headed to the opening night and press party for The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time. Tom went on to present Best New Play to this production at the 2013 Olivier Awards. 

Tom describing the play: It's an astonishing piece of theatre. I found it very moving, it speaks to anyone who's ever felt alone at any point in their lives. I think that's pretty much anyone on that planet. 

Fashion:

For both events Tom wore his custom Giorgio Armani three-piece suit with a red silk tie. 




Credits: 


No comments:

Post a Comment